A Glimpse Into My Life....

Blogging is a great way to keep people informed about what's going on in your life. It’s a central place that you can share information with several people at once instead of composing multiple emails or making numerous phone calls. That’s why I’ve entitled my blog “A Glimpse Into My Life…”. Those of you who have been invited to read my blog, please know that I want you to be a part of my life. Hopefully, this blog will enable me to stay in closer contact with the people that I love.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Carl Junction, Missouri

I was born and raised in Chile, South America. My parents moved back to Joplin, MO my senior year of high school. I've lived in the Joplin area my entire adult life so Joplin is beginning to feel more like home, but it's really not home! I married my husband, Steve, in August of 1998. We haven't had any children, but we do have a cat named Chunk that we treat as if he were our child.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Oh, the crazy things we do for love!

I am the best wife ever! I stayed up until midnight last night and hit redial for four hours straight to vote for something that I didn't really care too much about. My husband is a huge Taylor Hicks fan and we both voted on our home phone and cell phones for him to win this year's American Idol competition. We only managed to get about 140 votes in with two phones dialing for four hours. That's a pretty good sign, but anything could happen with the American Idol voting system. He'd better win! I was so disappointed last week when Elliott went home after I voted half-heartedly for him during the two hours after the show. I exerted much more effort this week. I hope it was worth it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gregory Fish said...

CRAZY.

I am beginning to think that the references to you in Dave's book were not hyperbolic.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Hey, your wife voted until 10:30 and she has two kids and guests this week! I did feel like I was neglecting Chunk, but you know we spoil him rotten most of the time. It paid off, though, because Taylor won!

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Carrie - I watched last night (with my finger on the mute). I didn't vote though. I didn't realize you would vote more than once. Good politics, I guess.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

I didn't even get to watch the final results show until last night. I thought it was a pretty good show except for the Public Speaking Award (I suspect that's where you used your mute button?) and Toni Braxton's interpretive dance during "In The Ghetto" (I'm not sure what that was all about!). I enjoyed seeing my faves, Mandisa and Elliott. I'm not thrilled that Taylor won, but I'm glad he beat Katherine.

People, I have the coolest grandma! She watches American Idol, likes roller coasters and has considered taking up skiing! Grandma, you rock!

11:11 AM  
Blogger David G. Fish said...

My adult daughter has a grandma that rocks.

I am a silly grandpa because: "Grandpas don't wash boys!"

I neither watched (except for the last 10 minutes of the final night), nor voted. I still think it's a strange phenomenon--but then again, I'm a Cubs fan!

DGF

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home